LOVING LEARNING LIVING LAUGHING… TOGETHER IN FAITH
As a Roman Catholic Primary School for children aged from 4 to 11 years, we aim to work in partnership with the parish and parents providing an education in accordance with the beliefs and practices of the Roman Catholic faith.
- to promote the spiritual and moral education of our pupils through the whole life of the school, in every curriculum area and, in particular, in religious education: to awaken in each person a sense of awe and wonder, and an awareness of the presence of God in all of creation and in each other.
- to create a community of faith and love, a community in which all feel they belong, permeated by an atmosphere of freedom, welcome and warmth. Central to all our work and relationships is the message of Jesus Christ and the gospel values of trust, respect, tolerance, honesty and forgiveness.
- in our prayer and worship and our approach to the Sacraments, to deepen the children’s awareness of the Father who loves them, Jesus who befriends them and the Spirit who guides them.
- to provide a broadly-based and balanced curriculum so that the children will acquire the skills, concepts and knowledge appropriate to the Primary stages of education, and in particular to promote high standards of literacy and numeracy.
- to promote equality of opportunity, encouraging all our staff and pupils to develop fully their particular gifts and personalities and to value each of them in the contribution they make to the life of the school.
- to provide for the personal welfare, social development and guidance of each pupil in a well-structured and loving atmosphere where all will feel secure and have access to all areas of the curriculum.
- to foster by example, by teaching and by encouragement, concern for others and an awareness and respect for other cultures and people of all races and beliefs.