Pupils » Class Pages » Year 6
We are a brilliant class of 28 children.
Here is some information to help with your child's mental health.
Please find useful educational links to use at home. Some websites require a username and password which children will have.
Rosetta Stone are giving free access to their langauge courses for three months.
Why not learn Spanish alongside your children?
Here are some links to home learning packs and resources-
The Maths Factor - Carol Vorderman teaching Maths
TT Kidz Play at Home - Table tennis games to play at home
Live PE lesson - Monday to Friday 9am
Twinkl enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
White Rose Maths. White Rose are currently developing resources for children to use which will be released this week including video tutorials.
Children will have their logins to access each website where required.
Be inspired to write your own text types like we have done in class, use all of your skills and knowledge to create some wonderful pieces of writing:
Please find resources to support children with their maths.
- Maths Revision Booklet
- KS2 SATS Practice Paper Arithmetic (Pack 1)
- KS2 SATS Reasoning Practice Paper (Pack 1)
- KS2 SATS Practice Paper Arithmetic (Pack 2
- KS2 SATS Reasoning Practice Paper (Pack 2)
- KS2 SATS Reasoning Practice Paper (Pack 2)
- KS2 Reasoning Pack 1 Test 1a
- KS2 Reasoning Pack 1 Test 1b
- Spring Themed Maths Activity Booklet
- Spring Themed Maths Activity Booklet Answers
- Year 6 Spring 2 Maths Mat 1
- Year 6 Spring 2 Maths Mat 2
- Year 6 Spring 2 Mats Mat 3
- Arithmetic Paper 1
- Arithmetic Paper 2
- Arithmetic Paper 3
- Arithmetic Paper 4
- Arithmetic Paper 5
- Arithmetic Paper 6
- Arithmetic Paper 7
- Arithmetic Paper 8
- Arithmetic Paper 9
- Arithmetic Paper 10
- Year 6 Classroom Secrets Pack Guidance and Answers
- Year 6 Classroom Secrets Home Learning Pack
- Four Operations Knowledge Organiser
- Perimeter, Area and Volume Knowledge Organiser
- Decimals Knowledge Organiser
- Algebra Knowledge Organiser
- Number and Place Value Knowledge Organiser
- Percentages Knowledge Organiser
- Ratio Knowledge Organiser
- Statistics Knowledge Organiser
- Fractions Knowledge Organiser
- Properties of Shape Knowledge Organiser
- Converting Units Knowledge Organiser
- Maths Vocabulary Mat
- Times Table Games
Please find resources to support children with their literacy.
- SPaG Practice and Revision
- Spelling Practice and Revision
- SATs Survival Year 6 Parents’ Reading Practice and Revision Activity Booklet
- Fiction - The Snow Queen
- Poetry - The Tyger
- Non-Fiction Rosa Parks
- Writing task: Film Review
- Writing task: Titanic
- Writing task: Advertise Your Town
- Writing task: Continue the Story
- Writing task: The Ascent
- Writing task: A First Visit
- Writing task: The Supermarket
- Writing task: Classroom Conundrum
- Writing Task: Letter to Your MP
- SPaG Spring 2 Activity Mat 1
- SPaG Spring 2 Activity Mat 2
- SPaG Spring 2 Activity Mat 3
- SPaG Spring 2 Activity Mat 4
- SPaG Spring 2 Activity Mat 5
- SPaG Spring 2 Activity Mat 6
- Tick the Sentence Activity Mats
- Tick the Sentence Activity Answers
- Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation 1
- Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation 2
- Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation 3
- Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation 4
- Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation 5
- Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation 6
Below are weekly schedules should you want more structure and variety of tasks including Maths, Spelling, Writing, Reading and Projects. They can be done in any order, have links to websites and online platforms and follow a theme. Children will have their logins to access each website where required or contact school for them.
Various activities and websites to support RE at home
- Learning about Judaism
- Learning about Easter Part 1
- Learning about Easter Part 2
- RE based arts and poetry competition
- Stations of the Cross Primary Powerpoint
- Primary Stations of the Cross
- Home Learning Hindu Goddess
- Home Learning Sikh Vaisakhi
- MV Logo Colouring
- Reflection - Maundy Thursday
- Reflection - Good Friday
- Reflection - Easter Sunday
- Build a house for the homeless
- Create your own Prayer
Please find some active home learning activities.
Personal challenge tasks/ Active Play/ Get Set Ride resources
High energy videos:
- https://www.youtube.com/thebodycoachtv (Joe Wicks Daily PE videos)
Activities for all ages and abilities:
Lots of links and ideas for science at home in the documents below
Please find science reading comprehensions, information texts on our current topic Animals, Including Humans as well as some fun home science experiments.
- Lava Lamp Science Experiment
- Dissolving Science Experiment
- Fireworks in a Glass Science Experiment
- Fun With Density Science Experiment
- Our Diverse Planet Reading Comprehension
- Animals Including Humans Crossword
- Animals Including Humans Knowledge Organiser
- Animals Including Humans Wordsearch
- Circulatory System Paper Model Instructions
- Animals Including Humans Fact Cards
- Animals Including Humans Challenge Cards
- Circulatory System Paper Model
Please find some history resources to support children with their learning. I have added useful history websites onto the useful links document.
- WW2 Reading Comprehension: Wojtek Soldier Bear
- WW2 Reading Comprehension: Anne Frank
- WW2 Reading Comprehension: The Blitz in Scotland
- WW2 Reading Comprehension: The Outbreak of the Second World War
- WW2 Reading Comprehension: Scotlands National War Memorial
- Home Learning WW2 Crossword
- Morse Code
- Spies and Espionage
- Home Learning Make and Do
- WW2 Knowledge Organiser
Year 6 have been learning all about the miracles that Jesus performed to prove that he was truly the 'Son of God'
Year 6 had a truly wonderful and eye opening trip to 'The National Holocaust Centre'. Children had the opportunity to experience what it was like to be a German Jew during WW2 and had the privilege to meet WW2 survivor Simon Winston.
Year 6 had a great time at Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School. Children took part in a practical science lesson, measuring the change of temperature over time.
We have enjoyed silent debating what our new English book is going be, we will be using The Harmonica to include a flashback scene within our narratives.
We have enjoyed using classification to help us classify different types of sweets, we enjoyed getting to eat them at the end even more.
Year 6 have been experiencing what life might be like in the Favelas. No running water, earthquakes, power cuts! It was a tricky morning for them to build their home with limited resources.
Year 6 have started Curriculum 1 of the Mini Mermaid Programme. Mini Mermaids stands for self-worth, value and movement. Mini Mermaids aims to change the lives of girls and young women by shifting their internal experience and the way they interact with the world around them through innovative character driven curriculum. Mini Mermaids train for a local 5K challenge through a structured 8 week programme where the focus is not on how fast the girls are, but on helping them find their happy pace and develop a life long love of movement and activity.
Find out more about the 7 habits of effective learning.
Year 6 have been using a number of concrete materials to support fluency, reasoning and problem solving.