Pupils » Class Pages » Year 6
We are a brilliant class, with Mrs Watson as our teacher.
Mrs Foley will teach us on Wednesday.
Our PE day is Tuesday. Please ensure you wear your PE uniform and trainers to school on this day.
During the cold weather, you can also wear grey or black jogging bottoms and top.
If you have any questions or queries, please come and see me. We look forward to an exciting year.
Please take a look at the homework schedule for the next two weeks
Please find below our class newsletters
These are the Year 5/6 Common Exception Words that your child needs to know.
Have a look at our wonderful designs. We had to make sure they had a working circuit in them.
We have written some newspapers about our book, Cogheart. Have a look.
We had a great day at Armley Mills where we learned how difficult life would be as a child in Victorian Leeds.
Inspired by Marcus Rashford and Black History Month, we have written our own autobiographies, as if we were Marcus. Have a read and enjoy!
For our science topic on light, Year 6 enjoyed an exciting day at the Media Museum, where we learned all about light.
We worked in pairs to make periscopes. We had to make sure that our mirrors were at 45 degree angles so that the angles of incidence and reflection would be the same.
Here are some links to a few good websites that I use.
We enjoyed a fun science day at Cardinal Heenan, where we were looking at working scientifically.
Please find resources to support children with their maths.
- Maths Revision Booklet
- KS2 SATS Practice Paper Arithmetic (Pack 1)
- KS2 SATS Reasoning Practice Paper (Pack 1)
- KS2 SATS Practice Paper Arithmetic (Pack 2
- KS2 SATS Reasoning Practice Paper (Pack 2)
- KS2 SATS Reasoning Practice Paper (Pack 2)
- KS2 Reasoning Pack 1 Test 1a
- KS2 Reasoning Pack 1 Test 1b
- Spring Themed Maths Activity Booklet
- Spring Themed Maths Activity Booklet Answers
- Year 6 Spring 2 Maths Mat 1
- Year 6 Spring 2 Maths Mat 2
- Year 6 Spring 2 Mats Mat 3
- Arithmetic Paper 1
- Arithmetic Paper 2
- Arithmetic Paper 3
- Arithmetic Paper 4
- Arithmetic Paper 5
- Arithmetic Paper 6
- Arithmetic Paper 7
- Arithmetic Paper 8
- Arithmetic Paper 9
- Arithmetic Paper 10
- Year 6 Classroom Secrets Pack Guidance and Answers
- Year 6 Classroom Secrets Home Learning Pack
- Four Operations Knowledge Organiser
- Perimeter, Area and Volume Knowledge Organiser
- Decimals Knowledge Organiser
- Algebra Knowledge Organiser
- Number and Place Value Knowledge Organiser
- Percentages Knowledge Organiser
- Ratio Knowledge Organiser
- Statistics Knowledge Organiser
- Fractions Knowledge Organiser
- Properties of Shape Knowledge Organiser
- Converting Units Knowledge Organiser
- Maths Vocabulary Mat
- Times Table Games
Please find resources to support children with their English
- SPaG Practice and Revision
- Spelling Practice and Revision
- SATs Survival Year 6 Parents’ Reading Practice and Revision Activity Booklet
- Fiction - The Snow Queen
- Poetry - The Tyger
- Non-Fiction Rosa Parks
- Writing task: Film Review
- Writing task: Titanic
- Writing task: Advertise Your Town
- Writing task: Continue the Story
- Writing task: The Ascent
- Writing task: A First Visit
- Writing task: The Supermarket
- Writing task: Classroom Conundrum
- Writing Task: Letter to Your MP
- SPaG Spring 2 Activity Mat 1
- SPaG Spring 2 Activity Mat 2
- SPaG Spring 2 Activity Mat 3
- SPaG Spring 2 Activity Mat 4
- SPaG Spring 2 Activity Mat 5
- SPaG Spring 2 Activity Mat 6
- Tick the Sentence Activity Mats
- Tick the Sentence Activity Answers
- Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation 1
- Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation 2
- Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation 3
- Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation 4
- Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation 5
- Year 6 English Grammar and Punctuation 6
Here is some information to help with your child's mental health.
Please find useful educational links to use at home. Some websites require a username and password which children will have.
Rosetta Stone are giving free access to their langauge courses for three months.
Why not learn Spanish alongside your children?
Here are some links to home learning packs and resources-
The Maths Factor - Carol Vorderman teaching Maths
TT Kidz Play at Home - Table tennis games to play at home
Live PE lesson - Monday to Friday 9am
Twinkl enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
White Rose Maths. White Rose are currently developing resources for children to use which will be released this week including video tutorials.
Children will have their logins to access each website where required.
Lots of links and ideas for science at home in the documents below
Have a look at our Rose Blanche inspired stories! We hope you enjoy them.
Please find science reading comprehensions, information texts on our current topic Animals, Including Humans as well as some fun home science experiments.
- Lava Lamp Science Experiment
- Dissolving Science Experiment
- Fireworks in a Glass Science Experiment
- Fun With Density Science Experiment
- Our Diverse Planet Reading Comprehension
- Animals Including Humans Crossword
- Animals Including Humans Knowledge Organiser
- Animals Including Humans Wordsearch
- Circulatory System Paper Model Instructions
- Animals Including Humans Fact Cards
- Animals Including Humans Challenge Cards
- Circulatory System Paper Model
Over the last few weeks, we have been doing some lovely writing. We have written stories based on the poem, The Raven; stories about the tragedy of Macbeth and biographies about the wonderful work of Sir Captain Tom Moore. Have a look!
We have been working really hard, developing our teamwork skills and independence skills, to create some lovely pieces of art. Have a look!
For part of our work for Black History Month, we have been looking at the work of inspirational people. We have found out lots of information about Nelson Mandela and rewritten his book. Have a look at our brilliant stories. They are amazing.
Have a look at our balanced arguments about whether or not girls should play football. Of course, we think they should but we have really used our writing skills to show both sides.
We have been enjoying reading our Roald Dahl book, Going Solo. We have done some lovely posters about the green mamba that he encountered, along with some roles on the wall.
Find out more about the 7 habits of effective learning.