Pupils » Class Pages » Year 2
We are an amazing class who are taught by Mrs Cargill, Mrs Leonard and Mrs Harrington.
We are very excited about all our new learning.
Keep checking on Twitter and our class page to see what we have been doing.
Every week, on a Thursday, the children will bring home a new set of spellings. Please practise these for a spelling test the following week. Please also continue to practise the common exception words on the lists that have been sent home.
The children change their books every Tuesday and may also change them again during the week, if they have completed and read the books confidently. We would advise for you to read with your child daily which we will reward at school with stickers on their bookmarks!
Our P.E lessons are on Thursday and Friday. Please include trainers for our outdoor sessions.
Please see me if you have any questions or queries.
Watch the video and complete the activity sheet :
Here is some information for you to help look after your child's mental health. The illustrator of the popular children’s book The Gruffalo, Axel Scheffler, has helped to release a free digital picture book to help children understand the coronavirus pandemic. I have attached a digital version to share with the children.
Below are weekly schedules should you want more structure and variety of tasks including Maths, Spelling, Writing, Reading and Projects. They can be done in any order, have links to websites and online platforms and follow a theme. Children will have their logins to access each website where required or contact school for them.
Rosetta Stone are giving free access to their langauge courses for three months.
Why not learn Spanish alongside your children?
Just a few activities to maybe use over the Easter holidays.
Just a few ideas
Really love this too! Some ideas from the Scouts for 'The Great Indoors.'
Children will have their logins to access each website where required or contact school for them.
Live PE lesson - Monday to Friday 9am
The Maths Factor - Carol Vorderman teaching Maths
TT Kidz Play at Home - Table tennis games to play at home
Children's author Oliver Jeffers
Twinkl enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
White Rose Maths. White Rose are currently developing resources for children to use which will be released this week including video tutorials.
Classroom Secrets Free-home-learning-packs There is a pack available for each year group.
Hamilton Trust -learning-home-packs
Story Line online - Lots of stories
Phonics Play - great phonics games
Oxford Owl - Oxford Reading Tree reading books
Just a few more ideas.
Activities and links to continue RE at home
Activities to help you with your maths
- Year 2 Spring 2 Activity Mat 4.pdf
- Year 2 Spring 2 Activity Mat 2.pdf
- Year 2 Spring 2 Activity Mat 6.pdf
- Year 2 Spring 2 Activity Mat 3.pdf
- Year 2 Spring 2 Activity Mat 5.pdf
- Year 2 Spring 2 Activity Mat 1.pdf
- Test 2 Script.pdf
- Test 1 Script.pdf
- Test 3 Script.pdf
- Test 2.pdf
- Test 1.pdf
- Test 3.pdf
Lots of links and ideas for science at home in the documents below
Here are some links and documents to help you with Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar in Y2
Lists of spellings to revise and new patterns to learn. Remember to practise common exception words too.
Just a few reading challenges
Here are some activity packs that will help with science and reading for understanding.
- Polar Animals Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Minibeasts Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Beach Habitat Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Fox Reading Comprehension.pdf
- Birds in Your Garden Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Layers of the Ocean Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Sharks Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Tigers Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Hedgehogs Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Emperor Penguin Life Cycle Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
Some writing inspiration
More activities for you to do at home.
- Fiction Reading Revision Mat .pdf
- Non-Fiction Reading Revision Mat .pdf
- Snakes and Ladders with 2, 3 and 5 Times Tables Board Game.pdf
- Spot Mr Whoops Mistakes Y1 Y2 Common Exception Words.pdf
- Poetry Reading Revision Mat .pdf
- Reading Mat Guidance.pdf
- Easter Themed Basket Craft.pdf
- Year 2 Science Uses of Everyday Materials Learning from Home Activity Booklet.pdf
- KS1 The Mystery at the Grand Portrait Gallery Maths Game.pdf
- Year 2 Science Plants Learning from Home Activity Booklet.pdf
- Creative Writing Prompt Question Writing Frames.pdf
Please find some active home learning activities.
Personal challenge tasks/ Active Play/ Get Set Ride resources
High energy videos:
- https://www.youtube.com/thebodycoachtv (Joe Wicks Daily PE videos)
Activities for all ages and abilities:
Just a few activities for indoors and outdoors
Just some information and ideas. We started to learn about Kenya as a comparison in Geography of where we live to another location in the world. Maybe you can make a scrap book with information and artwork in.